Thursday, March 25, 2010

Mud Pie for Betsy

My last post, Mud Season in VT, didn't have much to do with food and I wasn't sure how to integrate food into the story. My mind was obviously not on eating or cooking at the time. As luck should have it, I have a very witty friend, Betsy, a blogger herself. (Check out her blogs at
http://blogs.babycenter.com/momformation or numbmum.blogspot.com. Good stuff.) Upon reading my last installment, Betsy text-blurted out, "What! No recipe for Mud Pie?!" So here it is. It's an easy one, 'cause if it's nice out, you won't want to be hanging around in the kitchen.

In and Out of the Kitchen Mud Pie

1 store bought chocolate cookie crust
1 pint of Hagen Dazs Coffee Ice Cream
1 pint of Starbuck's Mocha Latte Ice Cream
1 jar of Mrs. Richardson's Hot Fudge
Whipped cream

Let the pints of ice cream sit on the counter for about 15 minutes. Put them individually into a mixer to temper them until they are spreadable. Spread one layer of ice cream, then the next. It will be sort of messy. Who cares? Lick your fingers, the spoon, the counter. Freeze the pie for at least 4 hours. When it is time to serve it, heat up the hot fudge, pour it over the pie and top it with a huge dollop of freshly whipped cream. Don't skimp on real whipped cream. You will ruin the pie. And for the record, Betsy...this will be better than the Sirloin's!

1 comment:

  1. Oh yeah! Sorry it took me so long to see this. Okay. Who's gonna send all these ingredients to France for me???
    Thanks Amy. I'm flattered.
    I'm also addicted to the fresh-made meringues from our local Boulangerie. Is this pie fat free?

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your feedback and recipe requests!